Today I had my six month appointment after my admittance to the hospital for ARDS. I am participating in a study that involves an experimental medication that was administered to me while I was intubated. The great news is that my lungs seem fully recovered and my oxygen levels were wonderful and my breathing tests all went perfect. I am so grateful to have come to a physical recovery.
The Dr. and I discussed how I have an emotional recovery post ARDS as well as physical. I have been dealing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder with my Therapist and Psychiatrist. The emotional healing will continue for months or years he said. It is getting better everyday, but it can still feel like a battle.
I was so happy to be able to walk out of that hospital today healthy and see the shining sun. I am really blessed to have had such great care while I was sick, wonderful support from friends and family, and a passion to fight for my survival.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment